I digress (it's my favorite hobby - digressing). It took a while to get it painted and then to finally remove that hideous vinyl and recover the seat. Luckily since the seat had been covered in vinyl, the foam was like new. I already had this lovely aqua fabric left over from an earlier project so it really only cost me the price of the chair.
I used an oops paint from WalMart (Better Homes and Gardens, but sadly can't read the label) and made a homemade chalk-type paint with 1-1/2 cups of paint, 1/2 cup plaster of paris and 1/2 cup of hot water. It worked out ok, but was rather thick the day that I used it plus I had a beast of a brush. Not the best experience, but I managed. Anyway here are the before and after photos.
|Her pretty legs and her sturdiness where what sold me.|
|Look at my poor, dried grass (weeds, really).|
I would love to see what the dining set looked like that it went with. Can't imagine EVER thinking black vinyl was a good idea!
I had everything on hand, so the only thing I had to pay for was the chair at a whopping $12.00
I am linking up here: